The Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin - Chippewa Valley is a chapter of the Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin. From this page, you can register and fundraise for our 8th Annual Chippewa Valley Down Syndrome AwarenessWalk!
- Pre-registered participants = $8
- On-site Participants = $10
- Participants with Down syndrome = FREE!!!!
Pre-Registrations will be accepted online until 11:59PM(CST) on Sunday, September 14th.
Pre-registrations mailed IN must be postmarked by Friday, September 12
Online registration is open until Wednesday, September 24th, but tshirts are NOT guaranteed!!
Onsite registration will be accepted at the walk but-shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register before September 12th!
- Sunday, September 28th in Irvine Park, Chippewa Falls
- Registration Check-In starts at 10:30am
- 10:30-11:40 a.m. Pre-Walk Activities
DJ Entertainment by Rock N Roll To Go Plus!!, Paint It Forward face painting, Kevin's Juggling & Balloons, Zoo, Bounce House, Giant Slide Raffles, Resource Area, Tattoos, Cotton Candy andmuch more!
- 11:40 a.m. Pre-Walk Rally National Anthem and meet our “2014 Feature Family”, Kyle and Amy Bauman Family
- 12:00pm Walk Begins (Approximately 1 mile stroll through Irvine Park and along Duncan Creek)
- 12:30 pm Lunch (Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Brats, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Chips, Cookies
- Kevin's Juggling & Balloons will be entertaining children -young and old- with amazing balloon creations
- 1:30 pm Raffle drawing
Don't forget to make or join a team! Then, encourage your friends and family to join your team or make a pledge to your team!
How to Fundraise
Online fundraising: When you register for the walk, you are automatically given a personal fundraising page. Use your login and go to the "DASHBOARD" to edit your page. Then, you are also able to create a team page where all of the donations made to other fundraisers on your team will go and be totaled.
The Awareness Walk is designed to help raise funds AND to help raise awareness and promote inclusion, diversity and acceptance of Down syndrome, as well as strive to guarantee access to a full life for all individuals with Down syndrome, their families and friends.We place priority on support and education, delivering quality programs and services, and maximizing available resources. Please join us for a family-friendly, fun-filled day!