Current Board Members and Officers:
In an effort to establish a professional and efficient board, we adhere to the following leadership norms:
DSAW Team Leadership Norms
- Everyone does and should bring enthusiasm to the work we do.
- We must all be open-minded. Everyone must have the opportunity to share their opinion.
- If we have a standstill/nonagreement, we move to the standard of “What is best for DSAW and the people we serve?”
- When an individual is an outlier, he/she needs to go into an active listening mode; do not “hunker down.”
- When disagreeing or challenging, don’t make it personal; keep it professional.
- After all shared opinions and engaged in discussion, the final decision is made by the majority (or where required the supermajority) of the Board.
- No one can have a hidden agenda—we all engage in our efforts on the Board truthfully and honestly.
- To get to the end-point, stay together as a team. We must stay disciplined and stay on point.
- Revere similarities—trivialize differences. Our goal is to identify and leverage similarities to take and create advantage.
- Hold yourself accountable to the decisions of the team; outliers in debate must be leaders in action.