Election Day is less than 40 days away. Do you know where the candidates for State Assembly and State Senate stand on long-term care?
The Wisconsin Long Term Care Coalition's latest publication provides examples of the types of questions you should ask candidates about Family Care and IRIS.
Here is what you can do:
1. Attend a town hall, candidate forum or listening session and ask your questions in person!
2. E-mail or ask candidates questions using social media. Many candidates have Twitter and Facebook accounts.
3. Share this questions document with people you know and encourage them to ask their candidates where they stand on long-term care.
4. Submit a Letter to the Editor of your local paper about the importance of knowing where candidates stand on issues that impact people with disabilities and older adults.
5. To find out who is on your ballot in November, visit :myvote.wi.gov
Once You Know Where the Candidates Stand---VOTE!!
Early voting is now taking place in many Wisconsin municipalities.
There are 14 early voting locations in Madison and three early voting locations in Milwaukee. Check with your local municipal clerk to see what hours they will be open for early voting. You can find your local clerk's information here: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/MyMunicipalClerk
Don't forget, you will need to present a photo ID in order to vote! For information on Wisconsin's Voter ID law, visit: http://www.bringitwisconsin.com/